Saturday, September 19, 2015

Research and Future Plan


I am Sophal Try from Cambodia. Currently, I am enrolling in Ph.D course at Disaster Prevention Research Institute (DPRI), Kyoto University, Japan. My major here is Disaster Prevention Engineering. My research mainly focuses on flooding in the Mekong River Basin. 


In front of Clock Tower, Yoshida Campus, Kyoto University.


I have graduated degree in Department of Constructional Disaster Prevention and Environmental Engineering, Kyungpook National University, South Korea. I have graduated my bachelor of Engineering in 2014  from Rural Engineering Department, Institute of Technology of Cambodia, majoring in Water Resources Engineering and Rural Infrastructure. The reason which pushes me to apply for scholarship to study in Republic of Korea is that I love Korean culture, food, drama, landscape and especially KPOP.


My passion now is to continue doing research in order to find the solution for current natural disaster which always happens in area along Mekong River Basin. Nowadays, flooding always happens during rainy season while people face with drought during dry season. As an involved person, I have to find an effective solution to solve this problem. Therefore, I have chosen to research on Assessment of Human Pressure Flooding in Mekong River Basin. Mekong River flows along six countries: China, Myanmar, Lao, Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam. I do hope that the result of this research will help million of people who are stockholders with Mekong River Basin.
          

Last but not least, I do hope that I can take a part to this solution to help humanity. After finish my study, I am going back to my home country, Cambodia, to share my knowledge and experience to my next generation through being a lecturer, research and involve with NGOs or development partners.    

Please visit our Facebook Page: Water Resources and Disaster Management

5 comments: